Real-time Extended Depth of Field (EDoF)
EDoF is a process where multiple images through the focal plane are combined to create one in focus image.
With classic microscopy systems, this can be time consuming and complex.
ZEISS Visioner 1 enables the user to see the sample completely in focus in real-time, without the need to Z-Stack and post process a series of images.
The unique Micro-mirror Array Lens System (MALS™) technology allows for real-time Extended Depth of Field (EDoF).
Reshaping the rules of optics
Micro-mirror Array Lens System (MALS™) technology
MALS™ allows optical inspection for height differences of up to 69 mm* to be in focus. Without the need for Z-stacking or re-focusing.
Using a micro-mirror array lens system (MALS™) enables us to generate “virtual” lenses with distinctly different curvatures, thus different focus planes. This is achieved by changing the orientation of each individual micro-mirror in an orchestrated way.
Re-shaping the curvature of this “virtual” lens at speed enables ultra-fast focusing and real-time all-in focus imaging and documentation.
ZEISS Visioner 1 driven by MALS™ technology
- Up to 100x more usable Extended Depth of Field
- Allows for height differences of up to 69mm*
- Reflective micro-mirror array with curvatures (variable) arranged in a flat plane
- Each micro-mirror is about 100×100 µm
- Each micro-mirror rotates & translates to form the optical surfaces with variable curvatures
- No need for Z-stacking or re-focusing
Fastest 3D visualization with documentation
ZEISS Visioner 1 not only simplifies the imaging and documentation task, but the real-time EDoF enables you to inspect your component faster, delivering higher throughput.